*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

Feb Challenge Update #3



0 comments
Basic Rules
1. Don't unnecessarily spend.
2. I have 147 580 won this week to spend. ($130.52 CAD) Bills excluded in this. 
3. Triple student loan payment this month (I ended up Octupling it!)
4. More information here



Expenses

On Valentines, my girlfriend insisted we go out for dinner opposed to going out for ice cream. I decided to invite her over for some Mexican instead. (Background info: Mexican is a rare delicacy here, and the decent restaurants cost a fortune.) She agreed, so the day before, I ventured out to Costco to grab myself some: beef, salsa, cheese, sour cream and french bread. I figured that I could spoil myself in groceries (cheese and beef) if I'm saving money by not eating out =p The total came out to be about 60 000 won ($53 CAD).  I bought a hotdog and a drink for 2000 won afterwards. 

5000 won for a huge bag of onions, mushrooms and some sort of Korean lettuce at the local market. Their prices are decent, and sold by local farmers in the area. 

Maintenance bill for the villa came. 27000 won. I'm not counting bills towards the allowance. 

I needed to fill up my T-money card (a bus debit card?) to get to the orphanage on Wednesday. 10 000 won.

I decided to go for an After Service - which is a store that specializes in fixing things for a particular product for a particular brand. My rice cooker that I broke trying to making bread was fixed for only 7000 won. Yay =)

A look into next week's expenses
It will definitely be much higher than the previous two weeks. For groceries, I'm hoping to spend a maximum of 20 000 won for vegetables and fruits. I also need to purchase an air mattress for my friend who is coming to visit (30 000 won). And a backpack for our trip to Jeju and Gyeongju (40 000 won). I also need to attend a farewell dinner, and a long planned Italian date with my neighbour. (30 000 won) 

Conclusion
The Frugal February Challenge - Success! I only treated myself out to a Costco hotdog and cheese, really. Next week though, I will need to attend a farewell dinner, and an Italian dinner. 


Low/No Spend February - The only way I could be successful the last two weeks was by going back and tweaking the rules. I made bills not part of my 100 000 won allowance. So I sort of cheated, but if this psychologically gives me the will to tighten on spending next month, than it was a good idea =p 




0 comments:

newer post older post