*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

MBA Bound



2 comments
My high school counsellors screwed me over. I went to university and studied what I was passionate in, and it was awesome. But my political science and economics degree means nothing in the working world.

I realized passion can only turn into careers if you're good at what you do. In this case, I'm mediocre.

So, now I have to think practically. I'm going to go for an MBA in the fall of 2013. Once I get back to Canada I'm going to study my butt off for the GMAT, while I work a job to pay off my first set of student loans.  Hopefully save up a decent amount for what's coming next, too. 

I think I can get accepted into a decent university about an hour away from home. This school will be my first choice because it would mean I can stay at my parent's home, and finish in a year. With their compressed curriculum, costs are lower than the average MBA program. But the huge workload means that for the first time in my entire life, I'm not going to be working while taking courses.

Expenses I'm looking at while I will be in school:
$35 000 tuition
$6 000 daily living (bills, toilet paper, unexpected costs etc.)
$700 gas (I think I get a free bus pass if I'm with them)
$3 000 leisure
$3 000 food
= $47 700

I'm a little bummed out at this self-appointed struggle. I need to somehow convince myself that I'm only investing in a year, and will enjoy the returns for a lifetime. 

*update - a reader caught a serious miscalculation - it's been fixed :)

2 comments:

Karen at: June 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM said...

$15,000 for food? why?

Lynda at: June 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM said...

@Karen ....I don't know! $1250/month for food is a lot...what was I thinking..hmmm

newer post older post