*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

The Boyfriend & My Debt



0 comments
I'm ruining my boyfriend.

He has this misconception that he's suppose to be the bread maker, and that he's suppose to be taking care of me. He thinks he's doing a terrible job because I've started to record every dime I spend and declared eggs and cabbage to be my new diet. But really, he bears no responsibility for this.

Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and catch him staring at the ceiling.

"What are you thinking about?"
"How to make some money for us."

I used to tell him not to worry, and that we'd get by, but I don't think he's listening. He'd only wonder out loud why I picked such a loser like him. 

And then, like we really needed it, he got robbed.

He couldn't even see the damage because he's here in Korea with me, but his parents say it doesn't look too good. (I guess this is a bad time to tell him to stop keeping wads of cash all over the place. ) And ughhh, I'm probably the most terrible at consoling.

I hate to see him like this. I  feel that every restriction I put on him like, "Let's bus instead," or "I think I'm just going to eat one and save the other for tomorrow," drives him closer to the edge of craziness. And trust me, last night was crazy. But I can't keep spending ridiculously and pretend everything is okay.

I guess I'll end this post with,  I don't know what to do. 

0 comments:

newer post older post