*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

April - May Challenge



0 comments

I am a week into April, and I haven't set up a new challenge for myself partly because I'm so focused on the "Using up All My Food Before I go" challenge. I am returning to Canada in five weeks, so I have a lot of things (I want) to get done.

So for this month and next, my challenge is to make a realistic bucket list whilst continuing to keep within budget (100 000 won a week). Here is the list so far:

Go clubbing - Korea is known for their night life and whoops! I forgot to experience it! Next weekend the orphanage that I volunteer at will be holding a fundraiser at the Banyan Tree Club in Seoul - so I'll be able to experience Korea's famous night life for the first and last time. And I'm going to shamelessly flirt my way for drinks. Yea, at cringe at girls like me too - but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to stay afloat her debt. (15 000 won taxi + 5 000 won cover + 10 000 won drinks = 30 000 won)

Climb Jirisan - On May 4th the Seoul Hiking Group is gathering hiking enthusiasts for a trip to mount Jiri. It will be spring, so there will be blossoms on top of the gorgeous view of the tallest mountain on the Korean peninsula. I haven't hiked for a year, and gather the pain I'll feel the next day will be worth it. (May 4th - 6th: 72 000 won)

Yeuido Cherry Blossom Festival - Perfect picture opportunity! (May 7th - 5000 won for transportation)

Green Tea Plantations - I want to frolic around the green tea plantations, soak in their green tea sea water baths, get scrubbed down by a lady in black underwear (see below), then see the sun rise at Yulpo beach.  Courtesy of this itinerary. (May 12th - May 13th: 2000 won green tea admission, 5000 won spa, 10 000 won exfoliation, 10 000 won food, 30 000 transportation= 67 000 won) 

Getting scrubbed down - I've heard that being scrubbed down by an older lady in black underwear makes you feel like a million bucks afterwards. (At a spa, sauna or jimjilbang) I've been meaning to try this, but I've been too intimidated because they scrub EVERY part of your body. I will do it when I visit the green tea plantations! 

Sleeping at a public bath house  - This nation can have ridiculously cheap accommodations if you're okay with sleeping with several other naked people on the floor. I'm doing this when I visit the green tea plantations. It's for the experience and the 35000 won that it'll save me!

0 comments:

newer post older post