*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

Feb Challenge Update #2



1 comments
So far, so good.

Here's a chart of my expenses excluding student loans, heating bills, and my child sponsorship from World vision.

I did quite a few things to save those extra couple bucks. For example, up until Friday, I walked everywhere. I had the option of taking the bus, but I'd leave 45 minutes earlier for a very cold stroll. On Thursday, my friend invited me to a French buffet - including all you can eat wine and cheese. Cheese. All you can eat cheese (a rarity in this country. I thought about it for a good four hours before finally saying no.

I gave myself a 100 000 won allowance, but the final total became 65 580 won.

My co-teacher failed to tell me that school would not be serving lunch on one of the days, and since I didn't pack a lunch, I had pizza with my fellow co-teachers.


Then the very same day, my friends wanted to go out for dinner and drinks. Thinking I was genius, invited them over for dinner instead. I spent an extra 25 000 won in groceries preparing Thai food for the three of us. They asked me if they could bring anything...I told them to just cover my drinks at the local pub later. We grabbed the drinks, but I was stuck with my bill (I didn't want to remind them). My plan had failed.

And the thing is, is that this bothers me! Buying for my own drinks, and inviting people over for dinner should be normal. I shouldn't expect any gratitude except for the simple Thank you. But unfortunately, I was hoping for more than that. This is how pathetic I've become.   Ugh.

So there you have it. The Feb Challenge update. This week I am planning to have a Church lady over on Monday, a Valentines dinner with a girlfriend on Tuesday, a visit to the Orphanage on Wednesday, and a visit to a co-worker's place on Friday. It's pretty packed, with only one day of down time, but I shouldn't be spending too much money!

1 comments:

kk at: February 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
newer post older post