*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

Day 3: No Spend January



0 comments
Spending on social outings/new toys/something dumb:

0 won/ 75000 won(0.00%)


Grocery bills between two people (for now):

15300 won / 140000 won (10.93%)

The boyfriend is out of town visiting his relatives today, so I finally spent the afternoon catching up on reading. Ordered 12 2L bottles of water for 9800 won online. (Tap water is not safe here.)

I went for dinner with a sweet friend in Seoul today.  I ordered an 8000 won Sundoobu, and had a pleasant conversation with the lady, laughing at how much of a ditz I am, and discussing about her new-age-woman mother. We touched on some world events, and the latest Ted Talks. It's nice to have an intelligent conversation in unbroken English. (The boyfriend only talks about sports and poker, so he doesn't count.)

We fought over who would pay for the bill and she won. Apparently, I'm still a guest in this country, and it's her duty to show me a good time. We agreed I'd get the meal next time.

On my way back I bought some grapefruitade for the boyfriend who doesn't drink water. 2200 won or 1.94 CAD. I think if anything, these sweet drinks are going to ruin our goal!


0 comments:

newer post older post