*I have a new site! You will be redirected to it in 5 seconds!

meal planning with chicken!



0 comments

I was accompanying my friend at Costco with a friend. It's a dangerous place if you don't have a shopping list, or even intend on buying anything at all. 

Long story short, I now have two chickens. I'm going to cut one up and stick it in my freezer. As for the other one? I boiled it with a bunch of leftover veggies. So with this new fancy ingredient (you roll your eyes, but little do you know how much I'm not spoiling myself in the kitchen!) I'm going to complete this month's challenge. 

Week 1  - Boiled Chicken
Grocery list: eggs, lettuce (4000 won)

Spicy Chicken wrap.
I'm not exactly sure how I want to make it, but it will include whatever I can find in my fridge; Chicken breast, Thai Chili Sauce, a piece of bacon, lettuce, shredded cabbage.

Mom's chicken soup. 
It's essentially whatever she has in her fridge with fresh chicken stock. Noodles, chicken stock, shredded chicken, mushrooms, and lettuce. (Dip each ingredient in fish sauce mixed with crushed bird's eye chili! Mmm) 

Chicken tortilla pizza. 
It's more of whatever I have left in the fridge. Tortilla, ketchup, mozzarella, chicken, cabbage, mushrooms, garlic. 

Chicken cracker ball soup.
This is me trying new recipes, trying to get rid of my saltine crackers. You can read it here.

Chicken with Thai Chili sauce, rice, and coleslaw. 

Chicken fried rice. 
The ultimate, leftover, eat everything before it goes bad, dish. 

Leg & Thigh Peri Peri Chicken with a side of coleslaw. 
If you're wondering why I insist on adding cabbage in all my dishes...a huge head of cabbage here is less than $0.70 here! It's nutritious and lasts days. 

Week 2 - Dismembered frozen chicken
Grocery list: bean sprouts, cilantro, carrots, mushrooms, french bread (6900 won)

Chicken satay.
Chicken breasts! The reason why I'm making this is because I really need to use up my peanut butter, and this seems to be like the only way. Cilantro. 

Chicken congee
Rice cooker style! Shredded chicken, chicken stock, mushrooms, and rice. Garnish with bean sprouts and cilantro. 

Chicken salad rolls 
Roll up some chicken, bean sprouts, cilantro and noodles, and dip it into my homemade Thai chili sauce. 

Mom's chicken soup (again, I know!)
This time with whatever ingredients I have left over (which should be carrots and mushrooms), garnished with bean sprouts and cilantro. 

Chicken cracker ball soup.
Again you ask? I honestly have a lot of saltine crackers that I need to get rid of. 

Chicken salad sandwich! 
Nothing but a piece of meat, a slice of cheese, and a slab of mustard. Mmmm 

0 comments:

newer post older post